Monday, July 6, 2009

FROG-NAPPED


My children came home from a visit with Nana LaLa with a surprise for Mommy. The kids were so excited to show me the tiny, cute little frog cramped in the corner of their old plastic ice cream pail. My heart instantly ached for the poor little critter, that my kids had manhandled for probably the majority of the day. I looked at Nana Lala and asked her if she thought that was a good idea, and she just shook her head and said, "I am the Nana, not the Mom." Is she serious? I was raised with a step-dad that couldn't even kill a mouse, and I was always yelling at other kids not to pick the light off of lightning bugs, because it killed them! So, now I have "Froggy" sitting here looking at me, begging to be set free-but honestly I don't have the energy to deal with the tears and rage that my kids are going to unleash on me, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. On the bright side, we are going to the creek tomorrow and I think it's fitting that we set "Froggy" free there. Wish me luck.

The picture I attached is proof that this is a sad situation....he wants the heck out of there.

No comments: