Monday, July 20, 2009

RECYCLED CHUNCKY CRAYONS

All sorted out, just how Brookie wanted them.


Glimpse of when they were in the oven.

Finished product....

Tonight Brookie and I decided we wanted to do an art project. After cleaning up their playroom, I found an abundance of broken crayons. Normally I would just throw them out and go buy another box of 35 cents Crayolas, but I decided to melt the old ones down and reuse them.
Brooklynn and I picked all the pieces of paper off those dang crayons and stuck them neatly in muffin pans sprayed with PAM. After you get them all divided up how you want them, you stick them in the oven, set at 275 degrees. They were melted after 10 minutes, and then you just let them cool. It took about 15 minutes for them to cool and we took a toothpick and edged around each one. They came out of the muffin pan quite nicely.
From the pictures that I am posting, you can see that they're perfect size for small children. You can't get real detailed with your coloring when using the chunky crayon, but they're still fun! I think next time we'll experiment with mixing different colors together.

No comments: